Hi friends! As promised here are some of my summer reads. If you read yesterday’s silliness here you will have seen me mention making a list. For today’s shopping Sunday I am focusing on books!
I went to the beach today with my family and I did NOT bring a book or magazine!!! NO! SHOCK AND HORROR! I was happy and having fun, but while my little one was digging holes and playing with his scary Alduin dragon. Anyways, I thought about the book I just finished and want to share it!
1. A Court of Thorns and Roses. This book was one I discovered from Pinterest after seeing stuff for Throne of Glass. I got it after reading a snippet of it on Kindle. I am glad I did! It is a different way of looking at say Beauty and The Beast. It is a great story and Sarah Maas tells it well. You follow the story of Feyre(pronounced Fay-Ruh) who after killing something she thought was a normal wolf was taken to the Faerie realm to live out her life with the Lord of the Spring court. But, the story doesn’t stop there, she must also help save the home she comes to eventually love and the person who keeps it.
2. A Court of Mist and Fury. This one just came out and I haven’t read it yet. But I loved the first book so much(rereading it) that I stuck it here on the list!
3. Throne of Glass. This book I read about on Pinterest and thought why not? I read the sample on Kindle and loved it. Main character is an assassin! YES! Girl power!
4. Fangirl THis book speaks to me. It follows a girl who is really into fan fic, writing the fanfic herself. She also has to go through her first year of college too.She battles with the idea of her and her twin going in separate directions and feels they have lost touch. She also has problems with her professors not accepting what fanfic is really truly about. Good fun read this one.
5 The Silmarillion. Yes, this book is my fave. Lots of Elves and lots of back story for some LOTR characters. It is considered by some a hard book to read, but I love getting lost in it’s pages. People who think that Tolkien wont kill off characters…think again…. This book is full of love and loss, if you and you should read it, read of Luthien and Beren, now that is a love story.
6. The Lord of The Rings. I think people should really give this one a go. This is a book that has been out FOREVER and the series is such a loved one. defininte struggle of good vs evil. More elves, hobbits, dwarves, and mortal men. Oh and Gandalf! There is a lot more to this story than the movies lead on.
These books would have been great to sit and read while at the beach.
Have a great weekend!